Health Benefits of CoQ10: Everything You Need to Know.
If you’ve been following health-related news, you may have heard about the benefits of CoQ10 (Coenzyme Q10) at some point.
CoQ10 is a type of (fat-soluble) Coenzyme Q (Quinone) - the most important Q Coenzyme for humans. It is similar in molecular structure to Idebenone, Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
Why is this such an important supplement in my list?
The main answer lies in the effect that CoQ10 has on the mitochondria.
What does CoQ10 do in the body?
Coenzyme Q10 has many applications in health. That said, one of the biggest benefits of CoQ10 that we focus on in my practice is the fact that it helps with phase II of your mitochondria to produce energy.
Your mitochondria are the batteries in the cells. They are beautiful little organelles that are responsible for the production of the energy that we use.
When the body has more energy, many healing challenges become easier to address. Healthy mitochondria is something that we need to focus on as we age to keep the body healthy.
10 Health Benefits of CoQ10
CoQ10 has been noted to have the ability or potential to help in:
- Alleviating congestive heart failure
- Lowering blood pressure for people with hypertension
- Reducing blood viscosity of patients with ischemic heart disease
- Preventing and treating of strokes
- Treating and preventing age-related macular degeneration
- Preventing CoQ10 might glaucoma
- Alleviating allergies by using Co-enzyme Q10
- Extending the life expectancy of some cancer patients
- Increasing the body’s resistance to viruses
- Increasing energy levels
Is it available in my diet?
Although it is not very high in dietary sources, here are some of the places you can find it:
- Soybean Oil
- Rape Seed Oil
- Liver (beef)
- Sesame seeds
Are there different forms of Co-enzyme Q10?
Indeed, there are different forms of CoQ10. The three main ones that one will find these days are CoQ10, Ubiquinonal form and PQQ (which will be launched as a product very soon).
Please listen to the podcast that we recorded to discuss Co-enzyme Q10 as well - it is truly a remarkable supplement.