CoQ10 benefits, Everything You Need to Know.
CoQ10 (Co-enzyme Q10) is a type of (fat-soluble) Coenzyme Q (Quinone) - the most important Q Coenzyme for humans. It is similar in molecular structure to Idebenone, Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
Why is this such an important supplement in my list?
The main answer lies in the effect that CoQ10 has on the mitochondria.
What does CoQ10 do in the body?
Co-enzyme Q10 has many applications in health. One of the biggest that we focus on in my practice is the fact that it helps with phase II of your mitochondria to produce energy.
You mitochondria are the batteries in the cells. They are beautiful little organelles that are responsible for the production of the energy that we use.
When the body has more energy, many of our healing challenges are addressed. Healthy mitochondria is something that we need to focus on as we age to keep the body healthy.
10 health benefits of using CoQ10
- Congestive heart failure might be alleviated
- Blood pressure might be lowered for people with hypertension
- Blood viscosity of patients with ischemic heart disease might be reduced
- It might help with the prevention and treatment of strokes
- Age-related macular degeneration might be treated and prevented by using CoQ10
- CoQ10 might prevent glaucoma
- Allergies might be alleviated by using Co-enzyme Q10
- Life expectancy of some cancer patients can be increased
- The body’s resistance to viruses may be increased
- Energy levels can be increased
Is it available in my diet?
Although it is not very high in dietary sources, here are some of the places you can find it:
- Soybean Oil
- Rape Seed Oil
- Liver (beef)
- Sesame seeds
Are there different forms of Co-enzyme Q10?
There are indeed different forms of CoQ10 - the three main ones that one will find these days are CoQ10, Ubiquinonal form and PQQ (which will be launched as a product very soon).
Please listen to the podcast that we recorded to discuss Co-enzyme Q10 as well - it is truly a remarkable supplement.